Hire the Striders Adventures Task Force!
Do you have a business or specific project that requires extra help or expertise in the field of animals, environment or mechanics?
A specific project involving or related to animals or the environnment? Extra help needed to run your kennel or stables during an illness or holidays? or to deal with extra workload? Assistance needed with animals presenting behaviour issues or traumas?
The Striders Adventures Task Force is the answer to your situation!
Marc, Rachel, and their animal tribe are the Emergency Squad you need to assist you with a specific project, deal with extra workload, or as a back-up in case of illness or holidays.
The Story - How the Task Force was born
Rachel has been around horses and dogs since childhood. She has always been into outdoor activities alone or with her dogs and horse, and had her own coaching company for 10 years, specialised in physical and mental preparation for endurance sports and martial arts. She then moved to working exclusively with animals and became specialised in animal's behavioural issues, fears and traumas.
Marc literally spent most of his life around cars, and car rally racing, building his own vehicles at a very young age. He is now internationally known as an expert in Toyota 4WD vehicles. He ran the family business for several years and created Banditoy, specialised in Toyota Land Cruiser and Hilux projects. Nature and dogs have always played an important part in his life, and it has become even more so since he met Rachel.
A couple of years ago, the arrival of sled dogs in their life changed everything.
After several years of running their business - more or less - separately, Marc and Rachel have decided to quit their current activities to combine their skills and share their expertise in a completely different way and spend more time with animals and nature. Multi-tasking, complementary and working well as a team, they realised that together, they could bring something quite unusual yet very useful to others. They could bring their expertise to people where and when it was needed. Instead of people coming to them, they will be the ones going to the field!
And The Striders Adventures Task Force was born.
Type of projects or work we can help you with:
Preferably short and middle-term assignments (1- 6 months) - but we are always open to discussion, as it depends a lot on the project and situation.
Animals and Outdoor Activities
- Mushing and working with sled dogs (guide, handler, etc)
- Most outdoor activities (winter and summer, such as hiking, snowshoeing, ski-pulk, canicross, multi-days tours, overnight stays, etc.)
- Dog care
- Horse care
- Stables work and supervision
- Kennel work - kennel supervision
- Site maintenance, renovation, restoration
- Specialised in Animal rehabilitation and re-training (for private, professionals or for rescue centres: animal behaviour issues, traumatised or difficult animals, introduction of a new animal to the pack or herd, etc.) - specialised in horses, cats and dogs. However, Rachel can work with most species of mammals and birds.
- Any vehicle maintenance, even in extreme conditions
- Overhauling of mechanical parts
- Vehicles electricity
- Toyota Land Cruiser and HIlux expert
- Assistance with ongoing or planned restoration projects,
- Consulting for restoration projects (costs, parts, technical issues etc.)
- Metallic construction works
- Driving and transport
Home and building renovation
- Home Decoration
- Painting works
- Home staging
- Restoration works (except maybe for masonry!)
Below you can find information on who we are, our skills and what added value we can bring to you.
Also check the Task Force FAQ page! for some common questions!